The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

6.21.2005

6/20

It's not that I dont trust our bullpen pitchers, it's more that I dont trust the way Dusty uses the bullpen. I have very little faith that Dusty will make the right decision in the right moment of a tight game.

Case in point. Friday, 6/17, Cubs vs. Yanks. I was in attendance.

With Hideki Matsui batting and representing the lead run, Dusty brings in lefty Will Ohman to face the left handed Matsui. Normally, this would be a good move, lefty vs. lefty.

However, Matsui hits lefties about 50-60 points higher than he hits righties. The result? A game changing home run over the right field wall. And we won't even mention the 2 run double Matsui hit off of LEFTY Mike Remlinger to widen the Yankee lead.

I don't mean to whine, especially since we won tonight. I'm just having a hard time believing Dusty Baker will ever lead this team to a World Series.
Name:
Location: United States