The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

8.14.2005

Can I say a couple things?

Like the fact that I hate Ronnie Woo-Woo and I think it's ridiculous that people gush over this toothless moron because he's the closest thing the Cubs have to a mascot (other than Ron Santo). "Cubs Woo! Cubs Woo! Wrigley Woo! Field Woo!"

Or the fact that I have very little Ron Santo love. I've become increasingly sick of Santo over the past few years thanks to the shameless Hall of Fame campaigning he's done as if there could be nothing more important in life. I really wouldnt mind one bit if he just went away forever.

And Harry...well I grew up listening to Harry do the games so he'll always have a special place in my heart. But he's been dead for 7 1/2 years...can we move on?

I'm also becoming increasingly sick of the Wrigleyville assclowns who toss back 8 beers before the game, then head into the bleachers gate and start retarded chants like "Ed-monds-Sucks!" while they hook up an Old Style I.V. to their veins, and then follow the game with a trip to another bar to pound another 22 beers and call it a day. I have no problem with beer. I like it a lot. I'd just prefer to surround myself with more people with baseball knowledge.

Just felt the need to say those things...

2 Comments:

  • At 8/14/2005 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds a lot like you've graduated from the Bleachers (it happens to us all) - you'll find plenty of fans who can talk baseball (and enjoy their beer) in the other seats.

     
  • At 8/14/2005 11:37 AM, Blogger Ryan said…

    Santo lost both of his legs, take it easy on the guy. He loves the Cubs more than you and me combined.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States