The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

8.01.2005

Lawton? Really?

This is our big move?

Back when we got Gerut I said that he might be spun for a bigger name, but I dont think Matt Lawton qualifies.

Lawton's a decent player, with a respectable OBP and more leadoff skills than anyone currently on our roster.

But I dont see why we couldnt make this deal in the offseason. I know we were held up by not being able to dump Sosa right away, but Lawton should have been a Cub going into Opening Day. Perhaps we were stupid to think Hollandsworth and Dubois would be a good fit for LF.

We didnt get bullpen help, we didnt get a big bat for LF. We got a 33 year old decent lead-off hitter with an average glove.

Sorry Mr. Hendry, I think you could have done a little better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States