The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

4.14.2005

4/13


Mark Prior threw 6 shutout innings in his season debut


The Bad News...

Kerry Wood got tattooed in his second start of the season as the Padres clubbed Kerry for 7 runs (6 earned) over 6 2/3 innings. I'm not worried about Wood, but theres a part of me that is frightened we will soon find out he's once again injured. That seems to be the routine of the Dusty ship. If a pitcher gets rocked, he must be hurt.

Padres 8 Cubs 3

Cubs, 3-5

The Good News...

My little Marky Prior was looking like himself today and that is good news, Cub fans. He only allowed 4 hits in 6 innings, allowed 1 walk and fanned 6. He only went 6 innings because he was on a pitch count. If Prior is back, this instantly becomes a different team.

Also nice to see Derrek Lee breaking his habit of miserable Aprils. He's hitting .364 with 2HR and 11RBI.

Also, it's interesting to see the effectiveness of Henry Blanco (Hank White as I call him) behind the plate. I'd like to see Blanco catch Wood's next start and see what happens. Just my thoughts...

Cubs 8 Padres 3

Cubs, 4-5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States