The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

8.22.2005

If I had my way for 2006...

Nomar would not be re-signed. He can't stay on the field. I like Nomar and he's obviously a very popular player, but you cant keep depending on a player like that, especially when you're counting on big offensive numbers. Ronny Cedeno should be your 2006 SS.

Wood would have been shut down a long time ago. This ridiculous 'as long as we're in the playoff hunt we want him in the bullpen'. We're not in the playoff hunt. It's not happening this year. Shut him down, and he better damn well be in the rotation in 2006. Or he better be traded.

Patterson would be traded and Felix Pie would be our starting CF next year.

Burnitz would never again wear a Cubs uniform. I like his attitude, I like everything about him as a person, but God Almighty get him out of Cubbie blue.

Matt Murton would not be my starting left fielder. I might catch some crap for this. But in another world, Murton would be an ideal 2B because thats the type of hitter he is. He hits singles, he takes walks, he's everything you'd like to have in a 2 hitter. However, LF, RF, 1B, and 3B are supposed to be the positions that you get the most production from. LF and RF this year have been abysmal. Matt Murton is not the answer in LF. I wish he was the answer at 2B, but this guy may be nothing more than attractive trade bait.

Ryan Dempster would remain as your closer.

Approximately $30-40 million would be spent on bullpen help, and acquiring a LF, RF, and 2B. It's too bad we didnt sign Luis Castillo after the 2003 season. His .304 avg and .394 OBP would look real nice at the top of our lineup.

We would not spend $70 million on Johnny Damon.

We would acquire better athletes. Better athletes than Walker, Nomar, Burnitz, Murton, and Hollandsworthless.

Oh yeah, and Dusty Baker would be managing an Arby's.

"Dude, I don't know nothin' about no Beef-n-Cheddar. That's society, man. I don't know nothin' about no Jamocha shake, dude. I'm Hard Bake."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States