The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

4.17.2005

4/16


Aramis Ramirez hit his 2nd home run of the season

I dont understand what Neifi Perez is doing. Every time Dusty plays him instead of Jerry Hairston, I re-affirm my belief that Dusty is an idiot and that Hairston needs to play. Then Neifi goes 3-4 and it turns out Dusty was right.

He cant keep this up, right? I mean, this is Neifi Perez. He's not known for his bat. He's known for a good glove and solid fundamentals. I know it wont last forever, but it sure is nice to be getting some big production from an unexpected source.

And Ryan Demptser.....can you please ease up on the walks my friend? I just don't think you're good enough to walk guys and get away with it. You're like a poor man's Kerry Wood.

Aramis added a 3 run dinger but one thing still bothers me about this team. When you have a runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs, YOU NEED TO SCORE HIM. They're still struggling in this area and it's driving me up the wall. Hit a sac fly for crying out loud. Poke one through the infield. Just stop wasting opportunities!

But, they won so let's be happy. Back to .500 tomorrow if Maddux can begin to find his groove.

Cubs 4 Pirates 3

Cubs, 5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States