The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

6.30.2005

6/30

The Cubs are on a 4-game winning streak, so I know I shouldn't be complaining too much. Kerry Wood looked awesome yesterday after spending almost 2 months on the DL with shoulder problems. I know--Wood and Prior have both only had one start each since coming back from the DL so we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. But if their performances over the past 5 days are any indication of how they'll pitch the rest of the season, things could go very well for the Cubs.

That is, unless, Dusty Baker continues to astonish us with terrible decisions game in and game out.

The number one problem....

THE CUBS LEADOFF HITTER HAS AN OBP OF .277!!!!!!
AND THE 2 HITTER HAS AN OBP OF .300!!!!

Derrek Lee has been the best offensive player in baseball this season and these are the two guys you have hitting in front of him?? Is Dusty retarded??

If the Cubs land Mark Kotsay, the leadoff situation will be solved. There's no way Jim Hendry would acquire Kotsay and let Dustbag bat him anywhere other than leadoff.

But for now, the worst hitter in the lineup is leading off. And don't give me this "Corey told Dusty he wants to" crap. So now because he wants to lead off all of the sudden he's going to succeed in the role? STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Show me another team in baseball who has a leadoff hitter with a .277 OBP. I don't believe one exists.

And I swear if we make a trade for Preston Wilson I might throw someone through a window.

DUSTY BAKER SUCKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States