The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

4.18.2005

4/17


Derrek Lee continued his hot hitting in the Cubs' 4-2 victory.

Alright. Series win on the road. Back to .500. Who cares if it's the sucky Pirates? We'll take it.

Good to see Mad Dog starting to settle in. I'm not expecting the world of him this year...but an ERA of around 4.00 and 15 wins will do nicely. I think that should definitely be within reach.

I'm glad Dusty has DLee in the 5th spot with the way he's hitting. He should stay there all year to offer Ramirez more protection than Burnitz will. Lefty or no lefty.

I dont suppose I should push my luck by asking that we bat Hairston in the leadoff spot? Is that crazy talk? Hairston is clearly eager to prove what he can do. And believe it or not, unlike Corey, Hairston actually gets a walk every now and then. What a concept.

But we won today. Derrek Lee can carry us through the rest of April for all I care.

Tomorrow, Kerry Wood will look for his first win of the season. I want to see 7IP, 8K's, 1ER, 2BB, 3H.

Do it Kerry. Do it......Do it.

Cubs 4 Pirates 2

Cubs, 6-6

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States