The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

9.27.2005

At least Nomar isnt a weiner

from chicagosports.com

The pressure on the Cubs to end their streak has magnified, leaving a once-forgiving fan base with a win-or-else mentality. Booing at Wrigley Field has become commonplace. Garciaparra knows this fact won't change until the Cubs finally win.

"I've been around it, so that's all part of it," he said. "At the same time, the way I look at it is that [the fans] care. They care so much, and you appreciate that. They fill the stands every day. You'd feel more [upset] if they weren't coming, if they were like, 'All right, I'm tired of that. Forget them. I'm giving up.'


He's hit the ball well since he's been back. He's seemingly grown to love Chicago. Yet...I think we'd be fools to bring him back.

Will the Cubs make the right choice (in my opinion) or the popular choice?

2 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2005 9:43 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    I know it's the end of the season, but you should check out this site for next year:

    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/blogs/index.jsp

    You can list you Cubs blog there and potentially get plenty of hits. I glanced at a couple of the blogs there and they were pretty lame, especially compared to yours.

    Anyway, missed you at basketball yesterday. Hope you make it next week.

     
  • At 9/28/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Er, since that one got clipped:

    http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/blogs/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States