The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

9.13.2005

Neifi wants to start in '06

from the Daily Herald...

Perez is batting .282 with an on-base percentage of .306. He will be a free agent, and the Cubs would like to have him as a backup again.

“My body tells me I can play every day,” Perez said. “I might be looking for a starting job for somebody. I feel happy here to play for a manager like Dusty Baker. I want to come back. I don’t only play shortstop. I can play second base.”

(Insert punch line here)

1 Comments:

  • At 9/13/2005 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OBP of .306. Let him walk if he can't take a walk. He has not nearly the power to be such a free swinger. Derrick Lee would have at least 20 more RBIs if Neifi's OBP was .360

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States