The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

4.20.2005

4/19


Mark Prior has not given up an earned run in 13 IP.

Good things, good things.

It feels very good to see Mark Prior looking like his 'old self' (does a 24 year old have an 'old self'?). Even though he got tagged in the first inning, he settled in and didn't allow an earned run in 7 IP. What a stud.

I'll admit this right now...I wanted Blanco to catch Prior and I was pissed when I saw Barrett in the starting lineup. But Prior ended up tossing another great game and Barrett even broke his hitless streak.

And I could give Corey Patterson a long, uncomfortable embrace for his defense AND his HR tonight. Is it just me or does he look 10 times more comfortable when he's not in the leadoff spot? Can we just keep Hairston there? I know Walker will come back eventually but I'm still convinced Hairston needs to be playing every day.

I would like to see what this offense can do with a hot-hitting Nomar. All in due time....

Things clicked today. Now if we can get a split in StL it'll be a 4-3 road trip. And in the words of Bart Simpson, "that aint not bad".

Cubs 7 Reds 1

Cubs, 7-7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States