The Chicago National League Ball Club

An objective look at the love of my life--the Chicago Cubs.

7.03.2005

7/2

I'm almost to the point of losing hope. The more I witness Dusty Baker's managerial decisions, the more I'm convinced he's costing us games.

These are the days I try to tell myself "it's only baseball." The way the past 4 months of my life have been, you'd think that would be easy. But still I get stressed out when I think about how much this team is underachieving.

Here's a nugget from Dusty the Clown in talking about his laughable 1-2 hitters.

(from Cubs.com)

"We've got to change something," Baker said. "In the case of Neifi, he's hitting the ball harder than probably anybody on the field. You can't guide it. Corey's struggling. Yeah, we've got to change something."

Neifi is hitting the ball harder than anyone? What the hell is he talking about?

And how about this stat....

Since Corey Patterson volunteered to bat leadoff on June 22, he has gone 5-for-38 with 18 strikeouts. And Dusty the Clown continues to bat him in the leadoff spot.

This team is LOADED with talent yet they continue to hover around .500. Is it ALL Dusty's fault? No, but I'm completely convinced he's the number one reason this team continues to underachieve.

FIRE DUSTY THE CLOWN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: United States